Background colour



AssetID: 51058803

Headline: Donations For Victims Of Devastating Fire In The Bronx

Caption: Donations collected for victims of deadly fire caused by malfunctioned space heater. The fire started in the bedroom of the 3rd floor apartment and smoke quickly spread to the 15th floor resulting in injuries and death. The apartment door wasn't functioning properly and did not close automatically after residents from the apartment where the fire started escaped. Many were injured and are being treated in local hospitals. All residents of the building were evacuated and received help from the Red Cross.